Saturday, December 29, 2012

First, Why do I do this... A little culture to explain... Ewwww, I know Right!?

"All of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea -- whether it is to sail or to watch it -- we are going back from whence we came."- John F Kennedy

Sea Fever

By John Masefield

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking,

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

So then

    Getting to the sea is often the fun part... This time, although tedious, the trip was set as, Starkville, MS, USA to Atlanta, GA, USA to Frankfurt, Germany, To Vienna, Austria to Bangkok, Thailand, to Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar then onto the boat (Nadia)... whew that's a trip!

First Stop FRANKFURT

The Christmas Festival from Above.  There is not much better than a German Festival, but add in Christmas and nice cool weather and it becomes AWESOME!

Romer Square in Frankfurt, is really an awesome place... The Römer (German surname, "Roman") is a medieval building in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, and one of the city's most important landmarks. It has been the city hall (Rathaus) for 600 years.

Of Course I Ate Sausage... are you freaking kidding me!? Let me assure you I had at least one of each from each stand I passed, plus bread and Gulashen Suppe.

 

And I discovered a new local bier...

Probably the best Weizen Bier I've ever had, ever, in my life, like really!

No comments:

Post a Comment