Monday, April 25, 2011

Some more Nadia in the Falklands...

 Here are the tow point fairleads... this is where the streamers go into the water... not very good scale so imagine that that "block" is roughly the size of my torso...
 My instrument room again...
My cabin... Ive actually had to move in with my buddy Simon now though... because there is a large contingent of Indian Shipfitters on board doing repairs so they took over a lot of the extra space.  Usually you would have a private room but sharing happens sometimes...
 We have a decent gym onboard with weights and machines and such... this comes in handy down here where its too cold to go outside most of the time...
 Weights and a rowing machine...
 The heavy bag... It gets a fairly regular beating if you can imagine... usually around crew change or when things aren't going "smoothly"
 This is our day room... TVs, sofas, musical instruments... its where we hang out most of the time...
 We also have a game room with every videogame system ever made...
 Here is a random picture of the mizzen mast of the HMS Great Brittan... one of the significant shipwrecks of the Falklands.  It is right outside of the company house on the waterfront.

 Signal Cannons in the watetrfront park at Port Stanley... They use these to welcome the cruise ships into the harbor...
 This was just too funny not to take a picture of... This is on the wall of the Gun Club in Stanley...
 Here we are catching a small boat transfer (kind of a water taxi) to our vessel.  We have to wear survival suits and life jackets... boy its fun...
 The wall of a small pub (The Globe) in Stanley... kind of reminds me of the pub in "Shaun of the Dead" except instead of a Winchester it has an assault rifle and some rocket launchers from the war.... Lookout zombies...








a nice warm fire in a pub (the Globe) there is nothing better than a pub with a fireplace on the waterfront in the winter.
and I had to add this because I'm tired of looking at boats today... The two hottest girls I know... Me and Jamie's Wives in New Orleans on New Years Eve...

Y'all have fun... I hope you like these... Im sorry I don't post more often I actually didn't know anyone looked at these pages...

We're down for weather... imagine that so I had some time today...

Y'allhav'agudun

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool John! Melanie posted the link on Facebook, and I am giving a final - so I had some time! I know you are probably sick of the ship, but it looks really cool! The bunks are cute (said by the person who doesn't have to sleep there :)! We are having stormy weather here again! See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete